Monday, October 29, 2007

who are we and what are we doing?

Tonight was rewarding. I spoke to a friend who noticed our posters but asked, "so what is it?" I have found that defining 08ingchange is a difficult thing to do. I explained that we are trying to strike a chord in people that the little changes they make in their daily lives when added up are a considerable amount of change.

I then asked my friend what changes he has made recently. He told me that he takes the bus to work three times a week. Well, for living in LA that is quite remarkable because hardly anyone out here considers the bus as a means to get to work. But his answer was perfect to the question he had posed upon me. Making the conscience effort to take the bus three times a week is a small change, but a change non the less. And if you compiled a list of all the people this year in Los Angeles that have decided to take the bus one, two ore three times a week as an alternative to driving I am sure you would be astonished by the numbers.

All of us out there are more alike then we tend to believe. Yes, we have various views on life, religion, politics, you name it. But we are human, and as humans we share the human drive to make our lives better, not matter what condition we are in. If i only I had a list of all those out there that have decided to take public transit to work a few times a week rather then drive. I have a feeling the number of people making that change would make one think, "wow, there are people like me, and a lot of them".

So, all you out there making change, email me us at contact@08ingchange.com and fill us in on what changes you have made recently. With any luck i could have that list for my friend by next week.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i ride the subway to work. the bus ride is only for 3 minutes to the train, but yes...i'm 08'ing change!!